Kefir

I started making Kefir last month and LOVE it! I bought my Kefir grains at Yemoos (not sure how you pronounce it) and Cultured Food Life. I bought at two places for two reasons, one, just in case one didn't survive traveling in the mail, I was sure the other would, and two, I wanted to multiply the Kefir grains, like pronto. I had a limited time to multiply them for my sis and family in California.

Both arrived safe and sound. Here is what I got from Yemoos.


I thought the Certificate of Adoption was a nice touch. I am not super creative with names and had already started calling them my babies so I named them Kefir Babies.


Cultured Foods came in a nice little glass container.


It didn't take long for me to start making yummies with Kefir. Below is my Raspberry Yum, I put 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 Tablespoon Baobab powder, stevia to taste (I put a few doonks), 1 Tablespoon Collagen, and a handful (maybe a cup) of frozen raspberries. I used my hand blender to mix it up and poured it into the jar so it would look all swirly. This jar, the kneck was too thin so I had to transfer it to the blender container.


 It wasn't long before I had lots of yummy Kefir.


More Kefir, at the time of this writing I have 10 gallons in the fridge.

I will slow production down now that I multiplied my Kefir grains but I sure did love straining the Kefir. I looked forward to it every day. At first, I was straining twice a day because it was warm in my house. Then the weather cooled and it went to once a day.

My beautiful grains =)


Below is a little video of a batch that came out really nice.



Did you see Sadie, in the video? She is our new little dog, although she's growing like crazy.


Below is the day we brought here home. She was so big-little.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Use The Thinking Tree Journals for 8th Grade

Update on Our 8th Grade Year with Using The Thinking Tree

Fun-Schooling Ethan (8th Grade)