Teach by Example ~ Mom School (Week 2)

I'm excited week 2 of Mom School, teaching our children by example was a lot of fun. I enjoyed diving into a stack of books that I had selected. I didn't read from all of them this week but did finish Who Moved the Cheese?
Mom School ~ Teach by Example
I learned that we should be aware of things changing. I don't like change so this was a good book for me to read and I'm going to reread it to Lance via the kid's version. I believe being "aware" and expecting or knowing and preparing for change ~ that it's a good trait to have so we don't get stuck "waiting" for the cheese to come back. Sometimes I can be so stubborn with not wanting things to change, for instance with my kiddos, they are all growing up. I can either accept it or waste time (which is super precious) wishing that they would stay little. Now that would be a pity. Instead of enjoying their young adult-ness (my own word) I'm wallowing in my "no cheese" zone not wanting things to change.

This week I actually used two student journals. I added the Winter Boys Journal as well. It's pretty similar to the Winter Girls Journal but I thought since it belonged to my boys it would resonate better with them when seeing mom use it.

This page was completed in the Winter Girl Journal. I had just finished reading from Teaching from Rest.
I wanted to share pages from the Winter Boy Journal but I couldn't find it this morning (Monday). It's been a busy week of packing, (yes we are moving!!!) so it's probably under a box or something. In the journal I used the Math Time pages with my boys. We practiced our mental math. I did it on paper and worked out the math problem while they did it mentally.
Teach by Example ~ Mom School
I carry my 365 Thanksgiving Journal around with me and I jot things down that I'm thankful for. I don't use this daily like I should but do use it at least four times a week. Some days I actually complete two pages and other days I may stay on a page for a few days.

Are you Teaching by Example and getting some Mom School in? If so, please link up below, you don't have to use a Thinking Tree Journal to do Mom School, just pick up a book or your child's book, read, jot down a few things you learned (maybe fill in a timeline, use a notebooking page, etc.) and show your child that you did a little Mom School.


Homeschooling6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Use The Thinking Tree Journals for 8th Grade

Update on Our 8th Grade Year with Using The Thinking Tree

Fun-Schooling Ethan (8th Grade)