Just Rambling

I'm enjoying my morning cup of java made with butter, MCT Oil, and gelatin powder. It taste so yummy. I am finally at the point where I don't need to sweeten it at all. Yay! It took long enough, haha. It was so hard chasing after that real sugar sweetened taste. As much as I love Stevia it just wasn't the same. I tried exylitol and xylitol too but again it just wasn't there.
I got this really good quality mug free when I took the kids to downtown trick-or-treating. I love it! It's not a cheap one but heavy duty. Nicer than some mugs I paid for. And actually it was only Lance I took this year. He dressed as an Army guy.

Annette, Caleb, and Brent went with out church AWANA youth leader to pass out tracts. I love seeing them grow up and do things like this.

Joshua is completing his 8th week at ALERT. I'm so excited to know I'll be seeing him. As much as I loved my two scheduled phone calls and once a week letters it's not the same as being 'free' to call, text, skype, or email back and forth.
Joshua is in the back row second. Lupe and I booked a private dorm room on the ALERT campus in Big Sandy TX. We paid for our non refundable meals and are ready to see our son. I know he's going to come back a different young man. I know he's matured A LOT. I know his walk with God has gotten deeper and I'm so thankful for that. I miss him but wouldn't change what he's gone through for anything. I know he misses us and our emails are a lifeline for us. He's mentioned a few times in his letters to keep the emails coming.

I can't believe this was taken in 2013. How I wish I would have done this every year. My Annette is now in 11th grade, wow! I remember Ethan didn't want to smile. I don't know why but he didn't. I do remember that it was about that time he started becoming camera shy. Mentioning things like "you're not putting that on your blog" type comments. Even now when I bring out the camera to take a picture of his work he scoots back.
Speaking of homeschooling, now that the kiddos are getting older I don't know where this blog is heading. My post are more few and far between because I just don't have anything to say these days. The kid's schooling isn't 'fun' anymore. No crafts or colorful workbooks to share. That's why most of my post have been about The Thinking Tree (my new babies, lol).
My latest favorites ~pocket sized journals or smaller ones. Annette and I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and I bought this little basket for $4.99 to put my little journals in on my nightstand.I still need to add a few pens. Maybe I'll get another one to keep all my writing goodies in like gel pens, crayons, colored pencils, and a fine tip pen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Use The Thinking Tree Journals for 8th Grade

Update on Our 8th Grade Year with Using The Thinking Tree

Fun-Schooling Ethan (8th Grade)