It Works! Skin, Hair, Nails ~90 Day Challenge Day 2 (Fo ti (he shou wu) Root)

Houston, we got a problem! My hair is way above the line from yesterday. Eeeks!
Day 2 with taking It Works: Hair, Skin, Nails
I was afraid this might happen, that's why I took a picture today. I wanted to see where my hair was at because some days it can be shorter and other days longer. Not sure why. I guess curls are unpredictable.

Fo-ti (he shou wu) root is one of the property blends in Hair, Skin, Nails. It's anti aging, can actually reverse gray hair (I don't know how much is in HSN so I'm not holding my breath on this one :), and anti aging benefits. There's not a whole lot of studies done but it looks like it's a heart healthy ingredient too.

Because there's not enough studies it is recommended not to take while prego. The anti aging herb is considered part of the buckwheat family. This herb is native to China but it's also grown in Japan and Taiwan. It gets the name 'he shou wo' which means 'black haired man Mr. He' because legend has it that Mr. He took Fo ti to survive when a famine struck his village and he was to weak to leave. He survived off of  Fo ti (and I'm sure other plants too) and his gray hair turned black again, his complexion brightened and he fathered a child. Pretty interesting legend.

Here are two side profiles.

 A picture with my hair trying to come forward. I would love to be able to pull my hair to the side like in the picture except it stay there. As you can see it's too short to stay draped over my shoulder.
Not a good hair day. Like in the first picture my hair was more pulled up today meaning it didn't reach the line that Josh made on my shirt yesterday.
So as much as I like the t-shirt idea it might not be the best way to gauge if my hair grows or maybe it will. We'll see. 

Maybe it's because today was my Zen Detox day that my hair didn't reach the line on the shirt.

Pictures taken 6/22/16
Read and see Day 1 Pictures.

Some pictures of my hair before starting the challenge.
5-11-15
11-28-15
I'm seriously having trouble finding pictures with my hair down. I just don't wear it down that often because it's so frizzy and out of control. Hopefully MM and HSN will change all that.
6-19-15
Here's one (above) that shows my length at its longest.
3-18-15
3-23-16
Hopefully the photos will give you an idea of how my hair doesn't grow much, even with most of them being year old photos.

And lastly here are some recent video. You don't have to watch them of course but it shows how long my hair is.


And my mad woman one.

These were taken June 15 and 16th just before starting It Works! Hair, Skin, Nails.

Again, hope these pics and videos give you all an idea of the length of my hair. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Use The Thinking Tree Journals for 8th Grade

Update on Our 8th Grade Year with Using The Thinking Tree

Fun-Schooling Ethan (8th Grade)