Timeline Kit

I'm gearing up for our next homeschooling year and one thing I want to do is make what I call subject baskets or in my case use containers.
Timeline Kit
Sarah's book- Mom's Fun-Schooling Handbook she encourages us mamas to put things in baskets or crates or whatever you have them handy for the kids.

Well we don't have a lot of room so I'm using plastic containers. In this video (under 3 min.) I share what we are putting in our basic timeline kit. Enjoy!

I call this a basic kit because I'm putting only what is really needed. If you have a bigger container or are using cute baskets and crates you can had history & audio books, maps, placemat maps, etc. Get creative.

I plan to grab their kit now and them and work on THEIR timeline. I think it's great when mom gets involved. It really shows the kids that learning is and can be fun! So a challenge to all you mamas, teach by example. Grab your kiddos books, pens, and timeline (or whatever subject) and do some school with them!

Here is a review I wrote about Picturing the Past and Make Your Own Timeline of World History if your interested in reading it =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Use The Thinking Tree Journals for 8th Grade

Update on Our 8th Grade Year with Using The Thinking Tree

Fun-Schooling Ethan (8th Grade)